Until there is more official information regarding GTA VI, the forum is restricted to "Pre-Release". As more information is released, subforum categories will be opened.

GTA 6 Trailer About to Pass Minecraft Trailer From 2011!

Not "news" news, but I wanted to post about it anyways. This is insane. 

Minecraft is easily one of the biggest games in the world and it had taken time to gain these views and really cement itself a legacy but the GTA 6 trailer is closing in on Minecraft's!

Currently sitting at 167.6M views - GTA 6's has hit 165.7M views. Only 2 million views away! Crazy, right?

Geeze! I knew it got a massive amount of views but I did not realize it was this close to passing Minecraft up! I wonder if this will start some kind of war among internet communities. Like I can totally see die hard Minecraft players advocating to get more views on it. lol

I had seen that before and it is crazy the amount of views that it has gotten. I have played Minecraft since the start and now my kids enjoy Minecraft. The hype is real and the numbers are insane.

Minecraft broke a lot of records and still does but it was not super popular until a few years in and then it blew up on a massive scale. GTA 6 isn't even out yet and people are obsessed with it. I don't even remember there being this much hype with GTA 5! Does anyone else? 

1 hour ago, clipzo76 said:

Minecraft broke a lot of records and still does but it was not super popular until a few years in and then it blew up on a massive scale. GTA 6 isn't even out yet and people are obsessed with it. I don't even remember there being this much hype with GTA 5! Does anyone else? 

I feel like when GTAV was released there was tons of hype, but the way the internet works and content goes now a days is way different then it had been. It had the same kind of hype but it feels a bit different.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 4:50 PM, Juke said:

I feel like when GTAV was released there was tons of hype, but the way the internet works and content goes now a days is way different then it had been. It had the same kind of hype but it feels a bit different.

I think the fact that they have kept us waiting for so long just encouraged people to lose their minds over the trailer dropping even more so too. Like for most games, they don't see this level of hype because they aren't legacy titles or people are just burned out by them like CoD.

17 hours ago, Ri0tBlu3 said:

It passed up Minecraft by the way. I don't know if anyone saw it but it is over 170 million at this point. 

Minecraft is still sitting at 167M. 

Nice. I knew this was going to happen but didn't know when. I was hoping to see it happen but honestly forgot to keep checking it. 

Crazy that GTA 6 now has over 170 millions views though and so many likes.