Until there is more official information regarding GTA VI, the forum is restricted to "Pre-Release". As more information is released, subforum categories will be opened.

GTA 6 IS going to be more expensive... But how much will it cost?

Ri0tBlu3

Do you guys think it will end up being super expensive? 

I saw a rumor from leaks through Sony that the next Spider-Man game they are going is going to come out in 3 parts for a total of $150!.. So it will be basically a big longer than the last but cost more than twice as much in total. Other companies and rumors are swirling about price increases too. It has almost but all been confirmed that GTA 6 will cost more than $70 USD. 

So what do you think it will cost? What would you be willing to pay for it?

I think all the rumors about the price are just that, I do not see the base game going above 70 dollars. Of course they will have other editions and those will be above 100, 150 mark but the base game I dont think will be any more expensive than a regular game.

No one officially said it will be but I know a lot of companies are talking about upping the costs of their games and also reducing in-game fees for things like DLC and micro transactions so that is a bonus. I would not mind paying more if games came with free DLC and there was not a heavy incentive to buy more stuff. Like let those smaller costs be nothing but cosmetics and I am fine with it. 

On 1/2/2024 at 12:25 PM, YellowDragon said:

No one officially said it will be but I know a lot of companies are talking about upping the costs of their games and also reducing in-game fees for things like DLC and micro transactions so that is a bonus. I would not mind paying more if games came with free DLC and there was not a heavy incentive to buy more stuff. Like let those smaller costs be nothing but cosmetics and I am fine with it. 

Same for me. If they want to charge more and keep DLC free and do what they did with GTA 5, I will not be mad about it. But I don't want to pay more and have to pay for DLC on top of it.

No one officially said it will be but I keep seeing news with things like Nintendo upping their prices as well as individual dev companies. 

I wouldn't like to see the prices go up but it is what it is if it happens. I will just buy fewer games. 

The most I will pay is $100. This is with the assumption they are not going to charge me for in game content. 

I think it would be smarter thought to charge less up front and bank roll more sales and then charge for expansions and DLC down the road. They can make more without pissing people off. But I know there is no way they charge under $70.

I still considering it confirmed even though I know it is not official. Like everyone is talking about changing prices now and I think if Rockstar pulls the trigger, all the other companies will up the cost too which I agree, this is something I do not want to happen. 

On 1/10/2024 at 3:11 PM, Ri0tBlu3 said:

I still considering it confirmed even though I know it is not official. Like everyone is talking about changing prices now and I think if Rockstar pulls the trigger, all the other companies will up the cost too which I agree, this is something I do not want to happen. 

I know this will happen even just out of greed alone. One company does it and everyone follows. I know Nintendo plans on raising their prices of all games to be $70 already.