Until there is more official information regarding GTA VI, the forum is restricted to "Pre-Release". As more information is released, subforum categories will be opened.

Which cities you would like?

HeistMaster101

The concept of GTA 6 starting with a more compact map that evolves by adding new cities is fascinating, especially with the "Project Americas" title hinting at a game that spans beyond just Vice City. If this idea does come to fruition, with Rockstar gradually integrating more cities through DLC, it opens up exciting possibilities.

I'd be quite eager to see a city with the vibe and architecture of Chicago make an appearance. A Chicago-esque city, with its iconic skyline, bustling streets, and infamous underworld history, would be an extraordinary playground for GTA's signature gameplay. In addition to that, I'd be intrigued to see Rockstar's take on other American cities, perhaps a Pacific Northwest city with a mix of urban and dense forested areas, or even a city inspired by the deep south, rich in history and a different pace of life.

What cities would you add to the list? What unique features would you want these new urban landscapes to offer in the game?

They did LA, NYC, and Miami. I would actually like to see something in the middle. Chicago might be cool considering the weather and stuff now but what would be really fun is to have a city like Houston. Chicago would feel too much like NYC to me.

22 hours ago, JustJase said:

Chicago would feel too much like NYC to me.

I was going to say the same thing. I want to see something a bit different. Like I get that most cities in America look similar and function the same but having a bit of differences can be highlighted in a game like this. That being said though, I am not apposed to them going back to NYC and expanding the map outward to have it be more realistic. 

On 11/6/2023 at 2:50 PM, crytocat said:

I was going to say the same thing. I want to see something a bit different. Like I get that most cities in America look similar and function the same but having a bit of differences can be highlighted in a game like this. That being said though, I am not apposed to them going back to NYC and expanding the map outward to have it be more realistic. 

A lot of people are thinking the game will expand over time and allow us to actually fly to other cities. Likely via a loading screen but still. There is a chance we do see Liberty City again which I would not be mad about. 

20 hours ago, JustJase said:

A lot of people are thinking the game will expand over time and allow us to actually fly to other cities. Likely via a loading screen but still. There is a chance we do see Liberty City again which I would not be mad about. 

I was reading about his as well. I am not sure how it would work though cause eventually the game would end up massive and they would likely be limited with expanding it until next gen. 

I agree with @sheppard432, it seems like they're trying to keep the Florida vibe with GTA 6. If anything, I'd think we may get somewhere in the Caribbean added on at a later date. One thing I've heard is there will be updates for the story, which could mean they'll add new missions/locations periodically like they do on GTA V online. I'm not really into the online scene so I'd be excited to see them add on to the story.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, khobb said:

Wouldn’t it be safe to assume that Vice City is the only returning city? Or is it possible that there is more than one familiar city we will be seeing in the GTA6 map… i couldn’t think of any

I think you’re right. From what I’ve seen there will be a lot of towns and a fairly large map that spans Florida and possibly part of Georgia. 

But I highly doubt we’ll see any other city return. It seems they’re trying to be somewhat geographically accurate.