Until there is more official information regarding GTA VI, the forum is restricted to "Pre-Release". As more information is released, subforum categories will be opened.

"Your content be approved by moderator"

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, uracunt said:

This makes nobody want to talk in here if it has to be manually reviewed with every single comment that gets posted. And 1 post per 20 minutes per post too why.....

Thanks for calling that out, I’ll change it.  

I have it set so only the first post a user makes has to be approved since there were a few occasions where new accounts were made and they spammed the forum. My thinking was if the first post requires approval, I could catch them before they do too much damage. 

I’ve said it before in the early days but I’ll say it again for the new members, this is a community where the everyone has a say in how it’s run. That’s one of the main reasons I started this, so everyone can have a voice. 

Update: I’ve changed the “1 post per 20 minutes” to “1 post per minute”.

Please note, once you’ve made 5 posts total you’re no longer a “new member” but instead a “member” so the restrictions are a lot more relaxed. Once you’re in the “member” group there is no restriction on how often you can post. 

Since only the first post has to be approved, I’ll keep that in place for (since it no longer affects you @uracunt) and it does provide a first line of defense against spammers. 

How’s that sound?

12 hours ago, Admin said:

I have it set so only the first post a user makes has to be approved since there were a few occasions where new accounts were made and they spammed the forum. My thinking was if the first post requires approval, I could catch them before they do too much damage. 

Update: I’ve changed the “1 post per 20 minutes” to “1 post per minute”.

Please note, once you’ve made 5 posts total you’re no longer a “new member” but instead a “member” so the restrictions are a lot more relaxed. Once you’re in the “member” group there is no restriction on how often you can post. 

I think having the first post being approved is a smart thing. I know exactly what you are talking about and spammers coming in fast to do as much damage as possible. The 20 minutes does seem a bit extreme so good change there.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Juke said:

I think having the first post being approved is a smart thing. I know exactly what you are talking about and spammers coming in fast to do as much damage as possible. The 20 minutes does seem a bit extreme so good change there.

Agreed, I think the first post approved is a good prevention but it’s not perfect. Spam can still happen and in that case I’ll try to catch it as quickly as possible to reduce the damage. 

And honestly I didn’t even realize I configured it to 1 post per 20 minutes, so I appreciate @uracunt pointing that out