Until there is more official information regarding GTA VI, the forum is restricted to "Pre-Release". As more information is released, subforum categories will be opened.

Crypto scams in GTA 6

Something that really blew up in the last 4 or 5 years has been crypto scams. 

I am wondering if this could be something that GTA 6 will explore a bit. Maybe have a character that got rich from scamming people or even have it as a career option online if they stick to having criminal career paths. 

I wonder if just in general they will have crypto. Like they did have stocks in GTA 5 and the market was decent but they can do that again and also include crypto. Would be something interesting to see. Make a parody of Bitcoin and call it ShytCoin or something LOL!!

I wouldn't want there to be a heavy focus on it but I think it should be part of the game in some way, shape or form. Just because this plays into the trends of today's world and they can make fun of it. 

On 1/16/2024 at 5:13 PM, Biotaxy said:

I wouldn't want there to be a heavy focus on it but I think it should be part of the game in some way, shape or form. Just because this plays into the trends of today's world and they can make fun of it. 

They can just make it option. Heck, they can even make it where you can choose to be paid in crypto and they can stimulate life-like whales and stuff. 

They can do a Lester type character that does scams online and have him be a part of the story in a minor way. Then you can work with him and do missions and such online for him after the fact. I am all for adding more characters to the game and the lore that reflect modern times and culture. 

On 1/19/2024 at 6:29 PM, crytocat said:

They can just make it option. Heck, they can even make it where you can choose to be paid in crypto and they can stimulate life-like whales and stuff. 

You know if they did something like this though that people would manipulate it online. Unless they just had it be part of offline like the stock market in GTA 5.

I don't want nothing like this to be tied into the economy of the game. I am fine with there being story about it and maybe a criminal that is scamming people but do not want anything tied to the economy other than money.

• 4 months later...