Until there is more official information regarding GTA VI, the forum is restricted to "Pre-Release". As more information is released, subforum categories will be opened.

A prison will play a role early in the game but will it continue?

Do you think GTA 6 will have a fully functioning prison that you can visit or access on the map or will it be a closed off part of the map that you only deal with early in of the story?

Some people are speculating that you will be able to see it and access the grounds but will not be able to enter it.  

Did not consider this tbh. Like I would love the concept of being able to access a prison on the inside, even if it is just for missions or to visit inmates. But this would probably be a huge ask considered all the other rumored stuff to be in the game at this point. 

I would like to see something like this. I think considering it is a huge part of GTA, you know, being criminals a prison system should be part of it on a more complex scale. GTA 5 has one but it is so minor. 

Not likely. I know they want to focus on having more buildings you can go into but I don't see this being one of them unless it is for a mission. They will likely make it so you have OP cops and guards that won't allow you to gain access to it unless it is for a mission. 

I doubt it will carry on. It will just be part of the introduction to the main characters and made have a mission or two down the road where you break into it. Don't forget this will be a female prison. I doubt they would grant any sort of access to the inside of that outside of missions. 

I am indifferent about this cause the prime focus of the game is being a criminal on the streets. Outside of story cut scenes and maybe guided walk throughs with dialog, I doubt we will spend much time inside the prison walls. 

• 2 weeks later...